This is a reminder that the Sprint and AT&T Audit conditions will be implemented on the 1st April 2009. The up-to-date list of potential violations as well as severity levels can be found in the Bango knowledgebase.
For those of you who are familiar with the list, please note that there have been some additions, namely:
- A Toll free contact number must be displayed in the Terms and Conditions.
- An email address is required so Sprint can notify you of any violations. This needs to be available 24/7.
ON AT&T you must:
- Specify which carriers you support in your marketing campaign and on your WAP site. You must advise users if they are not supported on AT&T.
- Advise customers of the mechanism for charging on your payment page. For example “Charges will appear on your cell phone bill, or be deducted from your prepaid balance.”
- Advise customers on your opt in page that the purchase has to be authorized by the account holder.
- Advise customers on your opt in page that they will continue to be charged for subscription services until they opt out. You should advise them again of the costs and billing period.
- Tell customers on your opt in page how they can opt out of a subscription service.
- Provide a link to your terms and conditions on your opt in page.
Please note that we will have to switch off billing after the 1st April on these networks if these changes have not been implemented on your site/s.